Facebook Linkedin Advertisement Patrickswell women get to the heart of the matter Top Fianna Fáil councillor will reject Green coalition deal NewsLimerick now a lopsided cityBy Staff Reporter – June 25, 2013 791 A Limerick county councillor says the relentless pursuit of a 100,000 population for Limerick has led to a lopsided city.Yesterday Cllr James Collins (FF)said: “Swathes of rural Co. Limerick including Clarina, Patrickswell and Castleconnell, have now effectively become part of Limerick city following the redrawing of the electoral boundaries.”Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up He added: “I think what Denis Brosnan had in mind for Limerick, namely that the estates and environs of the city would become part of the city, was the correct approach.” TAGScastleconnellFianna FáilJames Collinspatrickswell Email Previous articleCompensation claims rising in LimerickNext article10,000 cyclists take part in BeSpoke festival Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Twitter WhatsApp Family home in Castleconnell #LimerickPostProperty RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Print Decision to enter Phase 4 of reopening Ireland deferred to August 10 Fianna Fáil TD Niall Collins appointed as Minister of State Limerick City Council accept proposal for County Limerick dog park on 6 month trial basis
RelatedPosts Election: PDP commends INEC, Buhari, Edo people Ondo poll: Akeredolu’s aide resigns appointment Ondo election: INEC moves 6,000 smart card readers from Oyo office Ondo State athletes and coaches have indicated they would not return to the state unless they were paid their due allowances for the ongoing 5th National Youth Games in Ilorin, Kwara State.The 10-day NYG is for athletes whose ages are not more than 15 years, and it began on September 7 and will end on Tuesday.Moses Usifo told newsmen via telephone on Sunday in Akure on behalf of the aggrieved athletes and coaches that the state government and the sports council management were guilty of negligence.The coach said the state’s athletes and coaches had drawn a battle line with the leadership of the sports council following the alleged failure of the management to pay their allowances.He said the act could simply be described as wicked and barbaric.“It’s still shocking that most of our athletes at the ongoing NYG in Ilorin are starving, even though they are still competing,” Usifo said.The boxing coach said the athletes and coaches have not been given any part of their allowances since the games’ commencement and efforts to prevent the imminent crisis had proved abortive.“We were told to wait till the month end before we can get the allowances, but we have resolved to stop competing and remain in Ilorin until we are paid,” he said.However, the state’s Commissioner for Sports and Youth Development, Dotun Owanikin, told newsmen that the information was not trueOwanikin said: “To the best of my knowledge,this information is not true.“I know you will discover at the end of the day that the remainder of the officials’ allowances had been scheduled for payment shortly after the games, while the allowances of the athletes had been fully paid.“I repeat, that all athletes have been fully paid. The officials will receive their balance of allowances when they return to Ondo state. That is the gospel truth.”Tags: Akure.Kwara StateMoses UsifoNational Youth GamesOndo StateUnpaid allowances
“There’s a mixed market at the moment,” said Moyes. “Nobody’s quite sure where the price is just now. “We’ve had offers for players which we think are quite small. I can see where other clubs might be thinking there’s not enough value for their players as well. “I definitely (have sympathy for Martinez). But I also know if I had been Everton manager and Sir Alex (Ferguson) had come asking for Baines and Fellaini I’d have found it very difficult to keep them. “I always thought the right thing to do was the right thing for players. “Roberto is new in his job and I’m sure he’ll get to understand how Everton work. “I respect Everton greatly and speak with Bill Kenwright most weeks. “Of course taking their players is going to affect them but there is not any disrespect whatsoever because we didn’t make the offer public.” Press Association “Wayne has recovered and has a good chance of starting,” Moyes told reporters. It would be an interesting move by the Red Devils chief bearing in mind opposite number Jose Mourinho has already suggested he will make a third offer for Rooney next week. Rooney has been at the centre of just one of the transfer sagas that have dominated the summer. Luis Suarez and Gareth Bale have been the others, although in the past week neither Newcastle manager Alan Pardew nor Moyes’ Everton successor Roberto Martinez have taken too kindly to their players being the subject of bids either. Pardew accused Arsene Wenger of lacking respect by making a bid for midfielder Yohan Cabaye hours before the Magpies’ 4-0 defeat at Manchester City. And Martinez questioned the timing of Moyes’ £28million joint approach for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini, which was made on Friday but only became public knowledge on Monday and drew a withering attack from former Toffees keeper Neville Southall. He accused Moyes of lacking respect for Everton by lodging a bid so far below the accepted value of the pair. However, Moyes insists he remains on good terms with his former chairman Bill Kenwright and that he had never disrespected the Merseyside outfit. Manchester United manager David Moyes has revealed Wayne Rooney could start Monday’s eagerly-anticipated Premier League showdown with Chelsea. Rooney completed the final half hour of United’s victory at Swansea last weekend, setting up goals for Robin van Persie and Danny Welbeck. And with another week’s training under his belt after shaking off the hamstring and shoulder injuries that prevented him from playing any part in United’s pre-season campaign, and the knock he picked up at the Liberty Stadium, the 27-year-old could feature against the club who have already had two bids for him turned down already.