Budget Request Will Boost Defense Cut Domestic Programs

first_img ADC AUTHOR When President Trump’s fiscal year 2020 budget request hits Capitol Hill Monday, it will include a boost in defense spending and across-the-board cuts of about 5 percent to domestic spending, according to National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow.“It’ll be a tough budget,” he said on Fox News Sunday.The President is expected to request $750 billion in national security spending, almost all of that to DOD.That is more than is allowed under mandatory budget caps. To reach that number, the administration will ask for an increase in the overseas contingency operations (OCO) account, which is exempt from caps.That approach is already getting pushback on the Hill.“No one seriously thinks that Congress would pass a defense bill with $174 billion of OCO,” Rep. Mac Thornberry (R-Texas), the top Republican on the House Armed Services Committee, said, according to Politico. “So, OK, you just kind of set that aside, and you get down to the serious discussions of what we can do to keep our readiness from sliding backwards, what we do to keep pressure on the terrorists, to deal with the Russia-China threat. That’s what the conversation will be.”Lawmakers are working on a deal that would raise or eliminate the spending caps, similar to deals they’ve reached in the past.Photo by Fox Newslast_img read more

I am banned from WWE Major star makes shocking confession

first_imgClose Chirs Jericho is a legend in the WWE and might one day make it to the company’s coveted hall of fame but for the moment things do not look good for the wrestler. In a recent interview with Jim Norton and Sam Roberts on Sirius XM, Jericho said that he is now banned from WWE.Jericho had signed a contract with All Elite Wrestling earlier this year and the new wrestling promotion is seen as WWE’s biggest competition. This is the reason WWE has debarred him from their company. “I’ve talked with him a couple of times. But I’m kind of public enemy number one there now. I’ve been kind of removed from the annals of history,” Jericho said when asked if he had spoken to Vince McMahon before signing for AEW.”I asked the other day if I could have a couple of their guys on my podcast to promote Mania and I was told, ‘No, it’s not appropriate because you’re in AEW.’ I am banned from WWE.” Talking about the ban he said that although the WWE Network does have his content, he has been edited out of some other videos. Wikimedia Commons / Concerttour”I think my stuff is still on there [WWE Network]. I haven’t been disgraced. But as far as I know, they had to take some videos down from UpUpDownDown of me playing. Took that off. They edited some stuff from The Edge & Christian Show that had my name on it,” Jericho said.Jericho also spoke about Hall of Fame speeches and how the main event stars should be given more time to speak than those who are the opening acts. “Here’s the problem though. When you have something like the Hall of Fame that’s so subjective. Once again, you can’t have one guy go 45 and then Stone Cold Steve Austin I think went five minutes or ten minutes. If someone’s gonna talk for 45 minutes it should be Steve,” said Jericho.”They should weight it on, ‘Listen, we love you, but you’re the opening match. The opening guy. You get, you know, ten minutes. You’re lucky to be in it.’ And as you get to the top, the main event guy, you go as long as you want within reason. I think that’s the way to do it.” WWE stands for World Wrestling Entertainment.Mark Mainz/Getty ImagesJericho had signed for AEW in dramatic fashion. Being the final act of a historic press conference, Jericho almost gate-crashed the event saying, “I’m here because I believe in doing something different, I believe in doing something new.””It’s what I’ve always done my entire career. I’m a maverick. I’m an outlaw. I’m a pariah. I’m Chris Jericho, baby. I’m not here just to change the world. AEW is not here just to change the world. We are going to change the whole universe,” Jericho had said. WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2017 inductee Kurt Anglelast_img read more

Japans NTT Data agrees to buy Dells IT services unit for 3

first_imgJapan’s NTT Data Corp said on Monday it has agreed to buy Dell Inc’s information technology consulting division for over $3 billion to expand in North America and bolster its services business.The move will allow U.S. computer maker Dell to trim some of the $43 billion in debt it is taking on to fund its pending cash-and-stock acquisition of data storage provider EMC Corp, a deal worth close to $60 billion.The Japanese company said it would pay around $3.05 billion, an amount that excludes debt and unspecified advisory fees.The sale will also offer NTT Data, one of the world’s largest technology services companies, a bigger foothold in the United States, where it is looking to expand in healthcare IT, insurance and financial services consulting.Dell has also made progress in syndicating $10 billion of its financing package for the EMC acquisition dubbed ‘term loan A’, people familiar with the situation said earlier. This is expected to be increased in size by $500 million to $750 million due to strong demand, with the extra money to be used to downsize some of the more expensive tranches of the remaining $33 billion in financing, the people added.The group of banks participating in the term loan A has been expanded from the original eight underwriters to 25, with more expected to join before the syndication is completed in the next week, the people said.Formerly known as Perot Systems, Dell’s IT services division is a major provider of technology consulting to hospitals and government departments. Founded in 1988 by former U.S. presidential candidate Ross Perot, it was acquired by Dell in 2009 for $3.9 billion.However, Dell has since divested some of the unit’s operations and integrated some others, which it is not including in the sale. Some of the unit’s capabilities were seen by Dell as redundant in the wake of the acquisition of EMC.Dell has also been speaking to private equity firms about selling Quest Software, which helps with information technology management, as well as SonicWall, an e-mail encryption and data security provider, Reuters has previously reported. Together, Quest and SonicWall could be worth up to $4 billion.Dell’s acquisition of EMC, which is backed by founder and Chief Executive Michael Dell as well as private equity firm Silver Lake Partners, is subject to approval by EMC shareholders. EMC is expected to hold a shareholder vote on the Dell deal in May, allowing for the transaction to be completed sometime between July and October.Reuters had reported first on Feb. 12 that NTT Data was in exclusive talks to buy Dell’s IT services unit.last_img read more

Cargo sinks in Rupsha river

first_imgA cargo vessel carrying 1035 metric tonnes of clinker sank in the middle of the Rupsha river in Khulna on Thursday afternoon, reports UNB.Officer-in-charge of Rupsha police station Rafiqul Islam said water started to enter cargo vessel – MV-BB 134 in the middle of the river when crack developed at its bottom around 2:30pm.The vessel sank within an hour, he added.No casualty was reported.last_img