Readers Digest Gets ExBlueprint Exec

first_imgReader’s Digest has appointed Tom Prince, who conceived and oversaw Martha Stewart’s failed Blueprint magazine, as its executive editor. Prince had been Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia’s vice President and development editor.Prince’s hiring is the first for editor Peggy Northrop, who jumped ship from More to RDA last fall.Prior to MSLO, Prince was an executive editor at Real Simple from 2001 to 2004 after spending seven years at Allure. Prince also spent 10 years at New York Magazine, where he became deputy editor in 1994.last_img read more

Time Out New York Editor Leaves for Web Startup

first_imgBrian Farnham, editor-in-chief of Time Out New York, is leaving to join an as-yet-unnamed Internet startup company, Time Out New York president and group publisher Alison Tocci announced today.Farnham, who joined TONY in 2006 after working at Details, will be replaced by deputy editor Michael Freidson.“I can’t say much about it right now except that it’s an incredibly big, exciting idea,” Farnham said Tuesday. “It was not an easy decision to leave TONY and a job I have absolutely loved, but this was a chance to do what [Time Out founder] Tony Elliott did 40 years ago—create something out of nothing and really put your stamp on it.” In a short time under Farnham, the weekly magazine’s audience appears to have gotten younger. TONY readers have a median age of 33.8 and a median household income of $93,000 per year, according to a Mediamark Research, Inc. (MRI) survey conducted this month.In 2005, MRI reported TONY readers had a median age of 38 and a median household income of $103,000. Part of the shift could be due to Farnham’s willingness to push the envelope. During the 2007 American Magazine Conference, he told a roomful of high profile magazine executives that he had one goal in mind when putting together the 2007 sex issue, his second as editor: Cancelled subscriptions.”If you do a sex issue and no one cancels, you’re probably not doing your job,” Farnham said.last_img read more

BPA Solidifies Rule Changes to Reflect Changing Media Landscape

first_img• Paid combination sales and/or bundled subscriptions for print and digital.• Paid sponsored digital and/or tablet mobile subscriptions.• Paid circulation with digital as a promotional incentive.For non-paid circulation magazines with digital circulations, the recipient must authenticate the digital subscription through the device and access the magazine or publication once per every six-month reporting period.For digital delivery with non-requestors, the BPA Board amended a rule to allow media owners to count the digital subscription, from one copy, as long as the non-requesting subscriber is given the ability to opt-out.In addition to digital edition reporting, the BPA Board eliminated the continuous service requirement. It deemed that the continuous/non-continuous circulation rule was outdated because of the many media channels, multiple messaging opportunities and unlimited frequencies within a media brand to reinforce advertising messages.While the BPA Board may have axed the continuous service requirement, it reaffirmed reporting shared media channels, but determined it requires better disclosure. The BPA Board voted to require the disclosure comment, “shared media channels (XYZ website)—serving both ______ and ________,” everywhere shared data of any type, not just websites, is reported.When it comes to brand subscription sale offers, BPA members will now be required to report the full amount collected for an offer as the value of the subscription. Members reporting average annual order prices will now disclose the number of subscriptions sold with multiple channel brand offers, when applicable.The BPA Board also approved all recommended changes relating to pre-populated data. Media owners and BPA members, the agency says, wish to utilize subscriber information from any channel to pre-populate magazine subscription solicitations. The rules have been amended to allow the use of third-party sources—like association list rosters, business information providers and directories—to pre-populate information to make subscribing an efficient as possible.In another change, the BPA Board ruled that site licenses could be reported as separate media channels on the BPA Brand Report, but not as qualified digital copies on the publication circulation statements. Additionally, as more media owners migrate to brand reporting and expand statement sizes to report more data, the Board changed the rule surrounding qualification forms on statements to no longer require them due to the availability of these qualification forms online. More on this topic BPA Rule Changes BPA Issues New and Amended Rules for 2012 BPA Broadens Digital Rules, Clarifies ‘Stand-Alone’ Editions, Public Place Copies BPA Modifies Public Place Reporting for Consumer Mags, Creates New Rules Digital Accounts for 21 Percent of BPA Members’ Circulation BPA Redesigns, Shifts Exclusively to Brand Report FormatJust In Four More Execs Depart SourceMedia in Latest Restructuring BabyCenter Sold to Ziff Davis Parent J2 Media | News & Notes TIME Names New Sales, Marketing Leads | People on the Move The Atlantic Names New Global Marketing Head | People on the Move PE Firm Acquires Majority Stake in Industry Dive Editor & Publisher Magazine Sold to Digital Media ConsultantPowered by In an era of multiplatform media consumption, quantifying a large spectrum of metrics gets harder and harder. To provide clarity to its members, auditing agency BPA Worldwide has solidified several rule amendments that are scheduled to take effect immediately.In May 2012, the BPA Board allowed the reporting of digital copies served through applications as qualified circulation. At the time, it was determined that through authentication via an access code tied to subscriber registration or information, media owners had the ability to identify and quantify end-users, thus enabling publishers to report this as qualified circulation.As of the group’s December 2012 meeting, however, the BPA Board amended rules for digital copies served through apps and mobile devices. When it comes to digital subscriptions that are purchased through tablet or mobile platforms, digital circulation will be reported from copy one and for the full term of the subscription. However, the digital subscription must be authenticated through the device or app to report digital copies when sold as:last_img read more

I am banned from WWE Major star makes shocking confession

first_imgClose Chirs Jericho is a legend in the WWE and might one day make it to the company’s coveted hall of fame but for the moment things do not look good for the wrestler. In a recent interview with Jim Norton and Sam Roberts on Sirius XM, Jericho said that he is now banned from WWE.Jericho had signed a contract with All Elite Wrestling earlier this year and the new wrestling promotion is seen as WWE’s biggest competition. This is the reason WWE has debarred him from their company. “I’ve talked with him a couple of times. But I’m kind of public enemy number one there now. I’ve been kind of removed from the annals of history,” Jericho said when asked if he had spoken to Vince McMahon before signing for AEW.”I asked the other day if I could have a couple of their guys on my podcast to promote Mania and I was told, ‘No, it’s not appropriate because you’re in AEW.’ I am banned from WWE.” Talking about the ban he said that although the WWE Network does have his content, he has been edited out of some other videos. Wikimedia Commons / Concerttour”I think my stuff is still on there [WWE Network]. I haven’t been disgraced. But as far as I know, they had to take some videos down from UpUpDownDown of me playing. Took that off. They edited some stuff from The Edge & Christian Show that had my name on it,” Jericho said.Jericho also spoke about Hall of Fame speeches and how the main event stars should be given more time to speak than those who are the opening acts. “Here’s the problem though. When you have something like the Hall of Fame that’s so subjective. Once again, you can’t have one guy go 45 and then Stone Cold Steve Austin I think went five minutes or ten minutes. If someone’s gonna talk for 45 minutes it should be Steve,” said Jericho.”They should weight it on, ‘Listen, we love you, but you’re the opening match. The opening guy. You get, you know, ten minutes. You’re lucky to be in it.’ And as you get to the top, the main event guy, you go as long as you want within reason. I think that’s the way to do it.” WWE stands for World Wrestling Entertainment.Mark Mainz/Getty ImagesJericho had signed for AEW in dramatic fashion. Being the final act of a historic press conference, Jericho almost gate-crashed the event saying, “I’m here because I believe in doing something different, I believe in doing something new.””It’s what I’ve always done my entire career. I’m a maverick. I’m an outlaw. I’m a pariah. I’m Chris Jericho, baby. I’m not here just to change the world. AEW is not here just to change the world. We are going to change the whole universe,” Jericho had said. WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2017 inductee Kurt Anglelast_img read more

Lamar Odom says he slept with 6 women a week paid money

first_imgLamar Odom (Creativecommans/David Shankbone)Creativecommans/David ShankboneLamar Odom, the former NBA player and ex-husband of Khloe Kardashian, has reportedly opened up about his sex life in his new book titled, “Darkness to Light.” In his autobiographical book, he talked about sleeping with plenty of women and how he used to pay a lot of money for abortions.In his book, Lamar Odom said that he used to sleep with up to six women a week and “demons” troubled him in the earlier days and how he used to get women to just fill up the void. As per The Daily Mail, Odom stated that he needed women as an “outlet…an escape.””I would f*** five or six girls a week, but my demons tormented me on the one night I went home alone,” Lamar admitted.In addition to this, he talked about getting involved in unprotected sex and how his flings created problems for him.”But this does not come without problems … most of my sex has been unprotected, and I’ve paid for plenty of abortions over the years,” he recalled.The 39-year-old Lamar Odom further disclosed that after the passing of his mother when he was only 12 years old, he used sex as a way to fill up the void. Lamar and Khloe are to divorce after four years of marriage.ReutersLamar Odom married Khloé Kardashian after about a month of dating. Their wedding was featured on Keeping Up With the Kardashians. Following the success of the reality show, Odom became a household name, which fetched him his own spinoff series, titled Khloé & Lamar which debuted on April 10, 2011.Things started to get sour between Lamar and Khloé when the former was arrested on charges of driving under the influence ov drugs. He was also hospitalized one time after he got several heart attacks and strokes. In 2016, Khloé filed for divorce which was finalized later the same year.Apart from talking about his sexual encounters, Lamar Odom also talked about the time when he reportedly made threats against Khloé when he was under the influence of cocaine. As per Lamar, he once grabbed his former wife forcefully by the shoulders and even stated that he will kill her.last_img read more

Netanyahu to be quizzed in graft probe

first_imgBenjamin Netanyahu. Photo: AFPIsraeli police were expected to question Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Monday over whether he illegally accepted gifts from wealthy supporters, media reports said, in a probe shaking the country’s political scene.The long-running inquiry has looked into whether Israeli and foreign businessmen have offered gifts worth tens of thousands of dollars as well as another unspecified issue, according to the reports.Attorney general Avichai Mandelblit has reportedly decided to upgrade the inquiry to a criminal probe, though he has yet to confirm this.Police and Netanyahu’s office declined to comment on Monday.Public radio said Netanyahu has agreed to be questioned at his residence. It was not clear when it would occur, though some reports said it would not be until 7:00 pm (1700 GMT).Screens were mounted at the entrance to the compound in central Jerusalem in an apparent bid to shield the investigators’ arrival.In a Facebook post at the weekend, Netanyahu rejected all allegations against him and said his political opponents and some news outlets wanted to bring down his government.Police have carried out the inquiry in secret over the course of some eight months and recently arrived at an important breakthrough, reports said. Some 50 witnesses are said to have been questioned.In July, Mandelblit said he had ordered a preliminary examination into an unspecified affair involving Netanyahu, with no details given.US billionaire and World Jewish Congress president Ronald Lauder has been among those questioned in the probe over gifts he allegedly gave Netanyahu and alleged spending on trips for him, Israeli media reported.Lauder, whose family founded the Estee Lauder cosmetics giant, has long been seen as an ally of Netanyahu, who in the late 1990s put him in charge of negotiating with then Syrian president Hafez al-Assad. ‘Campaign of provocation’ Netanyahu has acknowledged receiving money from French tycoon Arnaud Mimran, who was sentenced to eight years in prison over a scam amounting to 283 million euros involving the trade of carbon emissions permits and the taxes on them.Netanyahu’s office said he had received $40,000 in contributions from Mimran in 2001, when he was not in office, as part of a fund for public activities, including appearances abroad to promote Israel.He has also come under scrutiny over an alleged conflict of interest in the purchase of submarines from a German firm.Media reports have alleged a conflict of interest over the role played by the Netanyahu family lawyer, David Shimron, who also acts for the Israeli agent of Germany’s ThyssenKrupp, which builds the Dolphin submarines.Beyond those issues, Israel’s state comptroller released a critical report in May about Netanyahu’s foreign trips, some with his wife and children, between 2003 and 2005 when he was finance minister.Netanyahu, 67, is in his fourth term as prime minister and currently heads what is seen as the most right-wing government in Israeli history.He has served as premier for a total of nearly 11 years, fast approaching revered founding father David Ben-Gurion’s 13 years.Polls have shown that if elections were held today, his Likud party would finish behind the centrist Yesh Atid, but that voters still prefer Netanyahu as prime minister.The inquiry has led to fierce debate in Israeli politics, with Netanyahu’s allies accusing opposition politicians and some in the news media of unfairly pressuring the attorney general.Regional Cooperation Minister Tzachi Hanegbi, in comments on army radio on Monday, denounced what he called a “campaign of provocation and incitement” against Mandelblit.Others have however accused Mandelblit of moving too slowly.Netanyahu’s predecessor as prime minister, Ehud Olmert, was forced to resign while dogged by corruption allegations.He entered prison in February and is serving 27 months for corruption, making Olmert the first former Israeli premier to serve jail time.last_img read more